Wow, time flies! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving just us as a family. We went to the dining facility on post for Thanksgiving dinner, then went home to trim the tree! The rest of the weekend we sent hitting the Christmas markets around us. The first one, I didn't get any pictures of, but we went to Heidelberg. Then we went to Mannheim and the last day we went to Speyer (right outside of Mannheim). Enjoy our pictures!
These were traditional German Christmas decor I picked up our last time in Germany. I found them both at a wonderful Christmas market in Chemnitz (close to Dresden). This is the area where these originated from. I love displaying them. This one you light candles around it and it makes the propellers turn. I need to get some candles for it.
My yellow roses with red tips I got from Billy on our anniversary. It was a crazy day that day, the dog threw up on the couch......you name it. I was really needing these after that!
Mallory loves her twirl skirt I found on ebay. She has been wearing it around the house for the past month. Now I can let her wear it as much as she wants.
Speyer
Inside the church, the advent candles
This is what all their real Christmas trees look like.......not like our "full" Christmas trees.
The small towns Christmas markets
The beautiful church
A beautiful wooden ornament from one of the booths
Mallory showing off her moves.......we get lots of looks when she wears her skirt.
They even decorate the trash cans
Where all our money goes......someone is making a fortune!
Yummy food! Pork on a rotisserie. It smelled so good. They slice it off and serve it on homemade bread. No store bought here!
This was a big skillet of fresh mushrooms saute in a creamy sauce.....it was so filling!
Gluhwein! A Christmas market isn't a Christmas market in Germany without it! The Germans love this mulled wine. You can also get some rum or other liquors added. It isn't my cup of tea, but on a very cold day when I want to stay warm, I will drink some. Every town also has its own cup decorated with the date. We have collected a few already.
the church again
playing at home
My sleeping beauty
Brayden loves sports lately. I found him one night sleeping with his baseball glove on.
Mannheim
Gingerbread! In my option, they are more for looks than anything. Not that great tasting.
My kids definitely LOVE the pretzels in Germany
Ah, the train! They were in heaven.
Chestnuts roasting on an open fire
Homemade breads and marmalade
1 meter long Bratwurst anyone? YUMMY!
Our Thanksgiving dinner.....notice Billy has an empty plate and ours are still quite full!
So cute, praying.
No comments:
Post a Comment